The NIU Ambassador program affords alumni the opportunity to spread enthusiasm about NIU opportunities, while connecting with prospective students via events and communications.
The NIU Ambassador Program accepts volunteers, usually during the July-August timeframe, with yearly kickoff meetings occurring in late September. NIU Ambassador responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as a resource to engage with prospective students within your organization or your geographic location
- Collect names and other contact information of prospective students, or research fellows, to populate NIU’s recruitment database
- Provide liaison to NIU IC Chairs to help identify IC-relevant research topics and subject matter experts to serve as thesis readers, as well as other research-related activities
- Maintain awareness of home agency hosted, local events to provide NIU recruitment opportunities
- Assist with event coordination and local marketing of NIU career enhancing opportunities
- Speak at local events to recruit prospective NIU students and research fellows
- Participate in monthly Ambassador meetings via desktop video-teleconferencing
- Allow NIU to share your name and contact information with other alumni and/or prospective students at your agency or in your geographic location
- Permit NIU to print your name and contact information on the NIU Ambassadors Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) webpage
- Watch for alumni accomplishments within your organization and inform the Office of Outreach and Engagement
If you are interested in serving as an NIU Ambassador, please complete the NIU Ambassador Interest Form, located on JWICS at https://go.ic.gov/m4s1gbz. If you do not have JWICS access, contact the NIU Director of Community Engagement and Creative Services via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), commercial telephone number (301) 243-2246, or secure telephone number 984-1391.